We will provide accommodations, most meals of typical New Zealand fare, daily excursions within a short driving distance from our home base in Paihia, and information about the area and New Zealand’s unique flora and fauna. The Bay of Islands is close to the top end of the North Island, and boasts 144 islands, a sub-tropical climate and is a boater's paradise. Historically, it is the area where the Europeans and Maori formed the treaty creating peace for New Zealand, and the home of New Zealand's first capitol--Russell.
By the way, get used to calling Adele ‘Dell’. Kiwis shorten everything including names. In New Zealand – and with her family, she is known as Dell. And, there are several things Dell must do on every trip home to New Zealand that she hopes to share with you:
* Have lunch at a local fish n' chips shop
* Enjoy Paihia, the Jewel of the Bay of Islands
* Swim in the warm water of the South Pacific.
* Walk in the bush (rain forest) and call in Piwakawaka (fantails).
* Listen for Kiwi at night.
* See a Maori concert.
* Listen at night for moreporks (a native owl) and look for the Southern Cross constellation.
* Take a cruise on the bay!