Painting holidays with ADELE EARNSHAW and JOE GARCIA in Adele’s home country of New Zealand!

Unlike traditionally structured painting workshops where students spend the day in the studio with only one or two excursions to paint on location, this will be a laid-back adventure and your studio will be the beaches, islands and rain forests of the the Bay of Islands, where Adele now resides!

Please click on the colored links throughout the blog for all the information about the Painting Holidays in New Zealand. As in all blogs, the last post is the most recent, so be sure to scroll down to see all the posts.


February 22 – February 28, 2015

Watercolor Magic with Deb Groesser

March 3 - 9, 2015

Capture Impressions Swiftly with V...Vaughan

Interested in an Artists' Retreat? Please contact us for information!

Below, you will read posts from SCAV crew members, giving you lots of first hand information about what to expect when you join the Painting Holiday. Be sure to read the older posts too! Visit the INFORMATION ABOUT THE HOLIDAY pages listed on the right side of the blog.

There are lots of links sprinkled throughout the blog posts and pages. Be sure to click on those for an abundance of information about New Zealand. Come back often to view the latest posts and schedule!

All images copyrighted by Adele Earnshaw and Joe Garcia.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Weather for the 2012 Painting Holiday.

Our 2012 New Zealand Painting Holiday starts a year from today!  I just checked Wunderground to see what the weather forecast is for this year, guessing that the weather for the same year next week will be similar.  Let's hope it is!

Feb 26 & 27,  2011: 
20% chance of rain (which means there's an 80% chance it won't rain),  high of 73 and low of 59.
Feb 28:
Partly cloudy, high of 78, low of 64.
March 1 & 2,
20% chance of rain, high of 77, low of 64-68.

Joanne and I leave this week for New Zealand.  We'll be double-checking on the resort and transportation arrangements,  we'll have a few lunches at the Leigh Fish & Chip shop and the Matakana Bakery to make sure the food is up to snuff and we'll line up under-cover places to paint in the event of rain.  

New Zealand Painting Holidays may become an annual event.  We've spoken to some other well-known artists who are interested in teaching for us in 2013.  When dates and instructors are confirmed, we'll post it here.

My mind has been on New Zealand this past week after the tragic earthquake in the South Island.  I'm reminded of the Maori expression, kia kaha - forever strong.   If you're interested in following news of the earthquake you can listen to New Zealand radio live, online.   Or go to
Listening to New Zealand radio is a great way of getting to know New Zealand and New Zealanders.  

Kia ora,

No comments:

Post a Comment